/ 2021-01-18Silicone Sealant GP-130,Our Unchanging Choice
/ 2021-01-12CHNGOO Anti-mildew Silicone Sealant--CHG-83
/ 2020-12-29Selection of silicone sealant for doors & windows
/ 2020-08-05What Is The Different Of Silicone Sealant And MS Sealant
/ 2020-08-01Where we could use the silicone sealant for?
/ 2020-07-17What is Silicone Sealant?
/ 2020-06-22Different Between Silicone Sealant And Polyurethane Sealant
/ 2020-06-14Take you to know the silicone sealant
/ 2020-05-05Development Prospects of Silicone Sealants
/ 2020-04-01Some Tips About Using Silicone
/ 2020-03-03How to choose the right Silicone Sealant
Different Between Silicone Sealant And Polyurethane Sealant
1. Different performance:
(1) Polyurethane structural adhesive refers to an adhesive that is applied to the bonding of stressed structural parts and can withstand large dynamic loads and static loads and can be used for a long time. Generally speaking, structural adhesives are used to replace structural components such as bolts, rivets or welding to join metals, plastics, glass: wood, etc., which are adhesives that can withstand large loads for a long time and still have reliable performance.
(2) High-performance constructural silicone sealant is a kind of neutral silicone sealant specially designed for structural adhesive assembly in building curtain walls. It can be easily extruded and used in a wide temperature range, relying on the moisture in the air to cure into an excellent, durable, high modulus, high elasticity silicone rubber.
2. Different application fields:
(1) Structural polyurethane adhesives have been used in automotive FRP (fiber-reinforced plastic) to date, and have made great progress in more than 20 years.
In addition to being used in the automotive industry, it is also widely used in waterborne vehicles [for the bonding of FRP decks and hulls and for bonding SMC (plate model composite materials) towers, SMC water gates, and elevators (elevator doors , Bonding of wall panels), purification tanks (bonding of FRP flanges, partitions), baths (bonding of SMC-tiles, ceiling tiles), and residential (bonding between external decorative materials and cement prefabricated parts) ) And other fields.
(2) Silicone structural adhesive is mainly used for the bonding of dry clean metal, glass, most non-greasy wood, silicone resin, vulcanized silicone rubber, ceramics, natural and synthetic fibers, and many painted plastic surfaces. Good quality silicone glass glue will not squeeze out or change its physical properties when used below zero degrees Celsius.
Fully cured silicone glass glue can continue to be effective when used at a temperature of 204°C (400oF), but when the temperature is as high as 218°C (428oF), the effective time will be shortened.
3. Features of structural adhesive:
Structural adhesive fingers have high strength (compressive strength>65MPa, steel-steel positive tensile bonding strength>30MPa, shear strength>18MPa), can withstand large loads, and are resistant to aging, fatigue, corrosion, and performance within the expected life Stable, suitable for bonding strong structural parts.
Non-structural adhesives have low strength and poor durability, and can only be used for ordinary, temporary bonding, sealing, and fixing, and cannot be used for bonding structural parts.
The service life of construction projects is generally more than 50 years, and the components are subject to relatively large and complex stresses, which are directly related to the lives and property safety of personnel. Structural adhesives should be used as the bonding glue. Structural adhesives are widely used in engineering, mainly for the reinforcement, anchoring, bonding, repairing of components; such as sticking steel, sticking carbon fiber, planting reinforcement, crack reinforcement, sealing, hole repairing, road nailing, surface protection, concrete Bonding, etc.
Foshan Chngoo Co., Ltd.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us