Should silicone sealant takes responsibility if there is formaldehyde in the decoration?
We often hear that some friends around us will say that formaldehyde and toluene are both strong carcinogens recognized by the International Health Organization, but home decoration inevitably needs to use glue, but what should we do if formaldehyde and toluene are produced? In fact, some glues or decoration materials do contain toxic and harmful substances such as formaldehyde and toluene. For example, the potted plants in the room will be broken after a period of time, but the silicone sealant is not the culprit at all, because it does not contain formaldehyde and benzene.Silicone sealant belongs to the main body adhesive, does not contain formaldehyde, toluene and other toxic and harmful substances, and has a low total volatile organic content. It is an environmentally friendly decoration material.
To be honest, home decoration, environmental protection and health are the first elements we have to consider. For decoration, the key is to choose the right sealant and brand. Don't let the exquisite home decoration be destroyed by a low-quality sealant!
1. What is silicone sealant?
In home decoration, silicone sealant is widely used in door and window assembly, furniture assembly, kitchen and bathroom mold prevention, ceramic tiles, decorative materials, walls, floors, ceilings, anchoring seams, etc.
Silicone sealant is made of hydroxyl-terminated polydimethylsiloxane (107) as the basic raw material, supplemented by crosslinking agent, filler, plasticizer, coupling agent, catalyst and other additives mixed under vacuum. Because the polymer molecule has a siloxane chemical structure on the main chain, it is called silicone sealant. Because of its unique siloxane chemical structure, silicone sealant has excellent weather resistance and excellent high and low temperature resistance, good physical and mechanical properties, unique environmental protection.
At present, the common decorations on the market mainly use single-component neutral silicone sealant; Neutral silicone sealant will release small organic molecules such as alcohols during the curing process. Under standard curing conditions, it usually takes 1-2 days to fully cure. After the released small molecules are completely volatilized, there will be no more odor.
So, our star products neutral silicone sealant OS-796 would be suit for you.
Here is some of its application.
1. Application to installation of various doors and windows.
2. Various kinds of decorative caulking & sealing.
3. Other kinds of caulking & waterproof sealing for industrial applications.
Glue it in these four steps would be better:
1. First, remove the moisture, grease, dust and other contaminants on the surface of the bonding part before applying glue to make it fully clean and dry;
2. Then add masking paper to both sides of the parts that need to be glued to avoid pollution caused by trimming;
3. Cut the nozzle of the hose again, cut the tip at a 45° angle and screw it into the glue gun, keep the 45° angle and apply glue smoothly along the gap to ensure that the rubber is in close contact with the surface of the substrate;
4. Then the surface of the glue is repaired and smoothed, the masking paper is torn off, and the construction is completed.
At last, we would like to introduce our company to you.
We are a 30+ years silicone sealants manufacturer exported since 2000.
Majored in SILICONE SEALANTS,RTV,PU FOAM,POLYURETHANE SEALANTS,FUNCTIONAL SEALANTS,etc.,also we provide WINDOWS ACCESSORIES SERIES which required from customers.
Raw materials from Germany,advanced equipment from Italy to satisfied high quality required.
Thanks for your inquiry.
Foshan Chngoo Co., Ltd.
We are always providing our customers with reliable products and considerate services.
If you would like to keep touch with us directly, please go to contact us